UBU proudly announces that the College of Medicine and Public Health at UBU has been accredited on an International Standard level via the WFME Global Standards, Basic Medical Education by The Institute for Medical Education Accreditation (IMEAc). There were 16 educational universities/institutions in Thailand that were accredited for their standards and qualities. The list of accredited medical schools were officially announced on 14 March 2019 at the Ministry of Public Health which was led by Prof. Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn, MD, Minister of Public Health, Clin. Prof. Udom Kachintorn, Deputy Minister of Education and deans from the accredited faculties/institutions in Thailand.
The Institute for Medical Education Accreditation (IMEAc) has been established since 2016 and has been awarded WFME Recognition Status in 2018. WFME stands for World Federation for Medical Education which aims to enhance the quality of medical education worldwide. One of their missions is to accredit medical schools/institutions in order to ensure patient safety and competent practitioners. Therefore, it can be concluded that any medical school that was accredited by IMEAc upholds both an international and WFME standard quality.
The 16 accredited medical schools in Thailand were:
- Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
- Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University
- Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University
- Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University
- Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University
- Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
- Phramongkutklao College of Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine, Burapha University
- Faculty of Medicine Vajira Hospital, Navamindradhiraj University
- College of Medicine, Rangsit University
- Faculty of Medicine, Thammasat University
- Institute of Medicine, Suranaree University of Technology
- Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University
- Faculty of Medicine, Naresuan University
- School of Medicine, Walailak University
- College of Medicine and Public Health, Ubon Ratchathani University
In conclusion, the recognition given by IMEAc demonstrates and guarantees the high quality of the curriculum, pedagogical practices, and management system at the College of Medicine and Public Health at UBU.